Monday Must Haves: June 13, 2016
Happy Monday, friends! My heart is heavy this morning as I can't help but continue to think about my friends in Orlando, and continue to pray for them. But we cannot live in fear. We have to continue about our daily lives. Love has already won. The battle is over. Jesus has already won. Perfect love casts out fear.
Chase Skylar is the DJ/ WDW Entertainer over at Disney Springs. He really knows how to get the party started. I love Chase's Twitter account because it's just funny. If you ever have a bad day and need something to lighten the mood up a bit, just head over there, and read through his timeline! He keeps it real, talks about naps, cupcakes, and tragic I-4.
Follow Chase: @ChaseSkylar
One of the prettiest makeup palettes of the summer is the Becca ad Jaclyn Hill Champagne Face Palette! It includes the famous Champagne Pop highlighter, along with another highlighter called Prosecco Pop, and three blushers. The packaging is beautiful, and if you've never tried a Becca product, I would deffinitely suggest this one! It's got everything you need for a perfect summer glow.
One of my favorite songs right now is "Where The Light Shines Through" by Switchfoot! I've loved Switchfoot for a long time, and had the opportunity to meet lead singer Jon Foreman when I was in high school. This song is just so perfect in so many ways.
One of my favorite YouTube channels to watch is Soul Pancake. They are starting a new series called "New Age Creators!" and I'm so inspired already.
The other day I made a dish I love getting at Epcot at Walt Disney World, nudel gratin Germany! Basically it's mac and cheese. If you know me at all you know I can't cook a lot of things successfully. But this was incredibly easy and had like 5 ingredients! It made enough for two nights worth of mac for my family and I.
2 cups heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon salt
Pinch ground white pepper
4 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded
4 ounces white cheddar cheese, shredded
1 pound cooked elbow macaroni
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Spray a 16×9-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. Combine cream, eggs, salt, pepper, and nutmeg in a large bowl, whisking to combine. Toss cheeses together in a small bowl until combined; remove 1 cup cheese and set aside. Stir remaining cheeses into cream mixture.
3. Cook macaroni until just tender; drain and add cream mixture, stirring immediately. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Cover with foil.
4. Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil, and sprinkle reserved cheese over top of noodles. Bake 15 minutes longer.
5. Cool 10 minutes before cutting into squares. Serve warm.
Well friends, that's it for this week's Monday Must Haves! I hope you guys have the best week. You are so loved, and you are significant. If you try any of these things, or have something you think I should try, let me know in the comments.
Currently Listening Too: "Live It Well" by Switchfoot