I've Been Nominated for a Liebster Award!
Hello loves! My best friend texted me a few weeks back and told me she had been nominated for something called a Liebster Award. At first she thought it was fake and spam on her blog, but after some research she found out it was indeed a real thing! Basically the Liebster Award is a way for bloggers to share a little bit about themselves and about other bloggers by nominations. And as best friends do, mine nominated me. Thank Em! Her blog is called Tales from an Emmy and she talks about different things going on in her life with a focus on fashion. She's pretty much the best and you should check her out.
Anyways, how this nomination works is I have to do this list of things:
1. Post 11 facts about myself.
2. Answer the questions of the person who nominated me.
3. Create 11 new questions
4. Nominate 11 new bloggers and let them know.
11 facts about me:
1. I love flower crowns and I wish they were professional enough to wear to work on a daily basis.
2. This summer I'm going to Wales on a mission trip and after college I'm pretty sure I'm going to move to the UK.
3. I live for music. My iTunes library is so scattered it's like a 4 year old picked random things to download. Everything from Anberlin, classic Disney songs, One Direction, a lot of singer/songwriter stuff, Michael Franti, John Mayer, Maroon 5, Carrie Underwood, Luke Bryan.... I think you get it. Music is my thing.
4. Makeup is also my thing. I could literally sit for hours trying to recreate looks from different sites and people. In fact, starting in a few weeks, I'm blogging my way through Lou Teasdale's book The Craft, which has 25 alternative hair and makeup looks.
5. My morning routine is a must. I don't care how the rest of my day goes in regards to a schedule but if my morning routine gets messed up I usually have a hard time the rest of the day.
6. I love love love being able to go to the beach every week since I live so close to it.
7. Brunch is my favorite meal, and I think it should be observed more often.
8. I also think that the refrigerator should dispense chocolate milk like it does water. Just press a button and BOOM! instant full cup of ice-cold chocolate milk.
9. I'm obsessed with Disney. Like you don't understand. I had the princess outfits when I was small, I still watch the old classics regularly (some I still have on VHS!), and my family has annual passes to the Happiest Place on Earth every year.
10. My favorite NFL team is the New Orleans Saints. WHO DAT
11. I'm an only child.
1. What is your favorite part about blogging?
When I started my blog, my intention was for it to be a sports based blog, but as time has progressed and I've gotten more sports jobs (I'm a public relations major and sports management minor at university) I realized I needed an outlet for my other interests like music and fashion. Also somewhere I could share what's going on in my life with people. So I think my favorite part about blogging is the fact that I don't have to stick to one topic. It's a very fluid medium that can change to be what I want.
2. If you could spend a week in any city in the world, where would it be?
Without a doubt my answer is London! I'm obsessed with the UK, and despite the fact that I believe God is calling me to Wales, I'm in love with London. I love that in such a metropolitan city there is still old world charm. But I would want to be surrounded by my friends from Wales.
3. When you were little, what was your dream job?
This is slightly embarrassing, but I really wanted to be the person who dressed up as Tinkerbell at Magic Kingdom to start off the fireworks. I thought it would be the coolest job ever!
4. What do you consider to be your stress outlet?
It depends how stressed I am and what's going on around me. Sometimes it's the gym and other times it's music.
5. Favorite past fashion trend?
I really love the 80's rock look. Leather and leopard print everything! But now its 2014 and instead of looking like a washed up rock-star I prefer to do these trends in moderation and in a more modern way, like a great biker jacket and a leopard print scarf with some dark skinny jeans and a bright colored bag.
6. What's your go to casual outfit?
How casual are we talking? I mean I love Nike running shorts and a t-shirt. That's what you will find me in most of the time. But for a going out casual probably some sort of sundress, sandals, and a great bag.
7. Who in your life inspires you the most?
I hate these types of questions because I feel bad because a lot of people really inspire me. But I can definitely narrow it down to a top two. Number one is my mom, because for probably the same reasons your mom inspires you. She's dedicated but is willing to do anything for anyone, and her heart is always in her work whatever she is doing. Second is my best friend Emily. She is a great person to look at for what a Godly woman should look like. She also has so much love in her heart for everyone.
8. You're having a solo dance party, starring you. What song is playing?
Well if the dance party is starring me, I'm dancing (and singing) to One Direction's Best Song Ever! Partly because the title just screams dance party. Also the music video has some great cheesy dance moves! Besides, don't lie, you know you secretly love this song.
9. Coffee or tea?
Depends on the time of day. Morning is always coffee. My local Starbucks knows me pretty well. In the evening the kettle is on for tea almost every night.
10. What piece of art in your home makes you the happiest?
There is painting of a fluer de lis done on a slate tile from New Orleans hanging in my room. I think that's the one that makes me the happiest. Partly because in all of the USA, New Orleans is my favorite city, but also because the woman who painted it had a great story of surviving Hurricane Katrina and collecting these tiles from her house to paint on and sell. It's a piece that's really special to me.
11. What's the happiest memory you have?
Wow what a full question. I have a ton of great memories, and stories of people and places. But the happiest memory I have is of being picked up by my friend who is a missionary in Wales at the London airport to start my mission trip last summer for a month. After going through a difficult time at customs I wasn't sure if I was even going to get out of the airport, but when I saw the familiar face of Kevin Wilhite I was so happy I didn't even know what to do. Then driving from London to the Wilhite home to see Amanda, Kevin's wife, and their daughters, and where I was going to stay for the next month was so exciting. I heard the whole time I was preparing to go that Wales was very wet, but none of the time I was there did it rain. That whole day I remember vividly. I remember meeting Sam and his family and walking around Lllantwit Fardre, and eating dinner that night, to wake up the next morning being so in love with where God had called me to serve not only that summer but long-term as well.
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What's your favorite movie?
3. What do you do to shake off a bad day?
4. What's the most random song in your iTunes library?
5. Where is the one place in the world you wish you could live if you had no budget, and why?
6. Who is the most recent band you've discovered that you really like and want to share with others?
7. What is your order at Starbucks (or whatever coffee shop you frequent)?
8. What's your dream job?
9. Who brings the most joy into your life?
10. Describe your perfect date.
11. What's the happiest memory you have? (Stolen from Emily, because it's such a perfect question!)
Emily Aultman from Take My Feet Deeper
Pixiee from ipixxie
Jenn from Songs of Speculation
Kevin from Kevin Wilhite | Just Leap
Wale from The MC Wale